Jaymeson Annslee

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

This is not Just a dream... I am totally Awake

1st and foremost An appointment update from Wednesday: 
Jaymeson is doing great and right on track. She measures 1 day ahead of her 20 weeks, but they did not mention a change of due date. They measured all her parts, her brain, her spine, her belly and everything measures right and looks oh so healthy.
She was super duper stubborn and would not let them look at her "girly parts" again, but with a lot of scanning she finally showed us that she is indeed a little girl! (WHEW, we have done way too much girl stuff to have it otherwise now :/) I told the Dr and the ultrasound tech that she is just getting modest in her older age and I would like it to stay that way ;)
Other than being stubborn, she sure is an active little one. Matthew and I have finally felt BIG kicks and have enjoyed sitting on the couch in the evening talking and feeling her move all around. I have found that she LOVES Chickfila breakfast burritos and Easy Mac (not together, well probably, but we wont go there). She goes NUTS in my belly after I eat one of the two of these... it is fun, but could cause an issue with the lb's for her mommy down the road :/ so we might have to be careful with that. But for now since I have only gained 4lbs total I think I am ok! especially with my newly found energy this month... it is near impossible to keep me down. So I am letting myself indulge in the few things I do crave for now :)
Secondly, My heartfelt feelings about this experience...
With 20 weeks officially and LITERALLY under my belt, I have sunk into reality a little with the fact that we will be holding our little one in just a few months, and as quick as this 20 weeks have gone... I am sure the next 20 will go even faster! It is all so surreal, amazing, terrifying, and joyous all rolled into one ball.
I have thought about this time, I dreamed of it, prayed for it and here I am, here WE are getting ready for a little one. I always wondered what I'd look like 5 months pregnant...I now know... not too bad if I say so myself :) I am positive my feelings on this will change soon enough ;) I dreamed of what it would be like to feel my baby kick and move around inside me... I now know... I have felt the most amazing feeling in the world. I have prayed for God to bless us with a baby and allow us to delight in all of these wonderful moments, and while I do not have our baby in my arms yet, I KNOW truly how blessed I am. I knew before that our God is an awesome God, but to make this happen and to have helped create such a miracle and to allow Matthew & I grow, teach, and raise one of his very own.... I am overwhelmed with emotion and thanksgiving!
I read something the other day, written by a single Dad, that not everyone gets the chance to be a parent. That hit hard, and made me realize even more so just how blessed we are and how that blessing continues to grow as the years pass by and this little one turns into an adult and hopefully one day will experience the amazing journey we have only simply begun.
I know reality is not all rosy and there will be days I just want to cry and want my Mommy to hold me...But with God by our side we will get through those moments And quickly head back into bliss with our little one who knows no better but to Love us so unconditionally, with our #1 job and priority to do the absolute same. I pray that God gives me the strength and the leads the way for me to be the best Mommy I can be, and for Matthew to be the best Daddy he can be.
I will be the first to admit with all of this pregnancy stuff that I am going a wee bit overboard, but I believe it is kind of a right of passage for a First Time Mom (a title I totally believe gets to be capitalized in it's entirety).
I guess it is just me putting my excitement for this baby into action, and Through this blog I get to put it into words.

From Pregnancy Pics

~ Thank you for reading our blog, keeping up and being a part of this amazing experience with us!!
Jessica and Matthew

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Just wait...you think that you are amazed at the awesomeness (is that a word???) of God now....once you hold that sweet baby in your arms...ahhhh...there are no words! I still look at Libbi and think - wow! you grew inside of me....what a miracle!! being a mother is truly one of God's greatest gifts!!! I will continue praying for you as you pass the "halfway" mark!! Congrats on 20 weeks and here's to a healthy 20 more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Jess! Thanks so much for letting us outsiders in on your pregnancy and progress. Words cannot express how happy I am for you and Matthew to have met the 20 week mark! You GROW girl! Enjoy these next 20 weeks...October will be here before you know it and then your sweet angel will be here and thus will begin the never-ending (and forever fun) game of baby girl dress-up! You could not be more correct in your comments on the miracle of each baby. I still rock my 20 month old every night and stare at her precious face...reminding myself of how precious each day is. I am so ecstatic that this will be your experience by fall. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and keeping up with your future blogs and photos. Cheers to another happy and healthy 20 weeks (or less if baby Jaymeson blesses you a week early as Kendall did). Much love, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so you just made me cry :) haha. that is the sweetest and most beautiful words to her. i just relived my pregnancy and first year with HB through your words (WOW one year?!?!!?) i cannot wait to share in your experiences and meet hb's bestie in just a few shorts months. o how glorius christmas is going to be!! haha.. ok, NOW i am getting ahead ;) keep up the great post girl.. and dont forget to print them out for the precious little one, cause with beautiful words like these, it will def. be a treasure for her to look back on :D

    ReplyDelete